9th ITALIAN WORKSHOP ON ARTIFICIAL LIFE AND EVOLUTIONARY COMPUTATION
May 14-15, Vietri sul Mare, Salerno, Italy
The ninth Italian Workshop on Artificial Life and Evolutionary Computation aims to bring together researchers working in Artificial Life, Evolutionary Computation and Complex Smart environment to present and share their relevant novel researches in a strongly multidisciplinary context. The workshop provides a forum for the discussion of new research directions and applications in these fields. This year there will be a special emphasis on the use of computational intelligence approaches for modelling and development of complex and smart systems.
This year, WIVACE 2014 will be held in conjunction with the conference WIRN 2014 (15-16 May). Participation to both workshops is strongly encouraged in order to favour the interdisciplinary viewpoint of our communities. It will be possible to attend to both conferences by paying a small additional fee.
Interested authors are invited to contribute papers on theory and applications of Artificial Life, Evolutionary Computation, and complex smart systems.
Topics of interest include but are not limited to:
- Genetic and Evolutionary Algorithms
- Self-consciousness in Autonomous Systems
- Bioinformatics and computational biology
- Emerging Behaviour
- Dynamics of Evolutionary Systems
- Hybrid Optimization Methods
- Collective Model Behaviour
- Bioinspired algorithms
- Parallel implementation of Bioinspired Models
- Computational Bioinspired Paradigms
- Bioinspired Robotics
- Economic-Finantial Systems
- Complex System Science for smart environments
- Smart adaptive systems
- Evolutionary based solutions for green computing
- Cognitive systems and applications
- Energy applications and evolutionary computation
- Computational Intelligence for Cloud Computing